Book an Interpreter
How to book a sign language interpreter:
Thank you for inquiring about how to secure a sign language interpreter. The Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title III requires that an agency or facility providing
services to the public must be accessible to consumers with disabilities. In the
event that your agency/facility will be serving consumers who are deaf or hard of
hearing, you may need to obtain the services of a sign language interpreter. This
information will allow you to do so easily and effectively through the Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center's
Community Center for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing.
To schedule interpreting services:
1) Contact us directly at (216) 231-0787 (Cleveland) or (440) 277-4602 (Lorain)
for service costs.
2) Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name and phone number where you can be reached for further details if necessary
- The date and time of the needed services
- The name of the client who is deaf or hard of hearing
- Complete billing information
- The length and nature of the assignment (two interpreters are sometimes needed for
- The assignment address and location within the building
- Any specific information regarding parking instruction, guarded entry, etc.
- The name and phone number of a contact person who will be present at the assignment
- A purchase order number or case number, if applicable
- Any additional information that would assist the interpreter in being prepared for
the assignment, such as appropriate dress code, content or format of assignment, etc.
We hope that this information will help you to effectively serve any consumers who
need accessibility to communication. Please circulate and/or post this where appropriate.
To better serve you, please allow as much advance notice as possible. Thank you for
your cooperation, and for considering Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center's Community
Center for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing to meet your accessibility needs.
*In the event of an emergency request outside of normal business hours,
the answering machine will instruct you in how to secure interpreting services.